Gulfport is so much more than a beach town—it’s also a terrific place to raise a family. The city has several labor and delivery options for expectant parents. Gulfport is also home to plenty of doulas, breastfeeding support groups, and mommy and me classes.
As young families grow up, fun activities are plentiful. Bring the family to wander down Beach Boulevard, explore the Fresh Market, and watch the birds at Clam Bayou Nature Park. Dine on fresh seafood, breathe in the ocean air, and get up close and personal with marine animals at the Institute for Marine Mammal studies.
Toddlers will fall in love with the Mississippi Coast Model Railroad Museum, the Gulf Islands waterpark, and Lynn Meadows Discovery Center (a children’s museum). You’ll also find plenty of family fun in nearby cities, including Long Beach, Biloxi, Bay Saint Louis, and Ocean Springs.
Mommy and Me Classes
• Parent and Child Swim Classes
• Mommy and Me at Ocean Springs Library
• Bear Cub Club at Lynn Meadows Discovery Center
• Mommy and Me Ballet at Rage Dance Center
• Music Together Class at Joyful Noise Music
• The Essential Music Together Class at Myhres School of Music
• Swim Starters Class at the YMCA
• Parent Tot Gymnastics at Lanier’s Gymnastics