You want a sun-drenched vacation in paradise. The kids want a fun-filled getaway geared to them. Who says you can’t have it all?
It’s not always easy to find the perfect spot where you can enjoy a nice mix of adult and family time. The Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa (the largest full-service resort in Florida) offers the best of both worlds.
Located in South Walton County on Florida’s balmy Northwest Gulf Coast, the resort boasts amazing amenities. Parents adore the breathtaking views of sand and sea, six exciting restaurants, luxury spa, pools, fitness center, golf, and shopping. Kids love the child-friendly accommodations (some suites have bunk beds!), in-room video games and movies, nearby attractions including a waterpark and marine park, and special Kids Krew and Kids Night Out programs at the resort just for them.
While you shop, golf, or simply relax on the beach with your favorite magazine, your children can head to Kids Krew, where capable and experienced staff will guide them in activities like kite-flying, water balloon play, slip-and-slides, and sand-sculpting. They even hold special events, such as Holiday Mix-Up Day (paper snowball fights!), Field Day (teambuilding with giant soccer balls and parachutes), and Sweet Tooth Day (learning to make ice cream or cookies.)
In the evening, if you’d like to linger over a quiet meal at one of the restaurants, simply drop off your children at Kids Night Out. While you savor your meal (and don’t even have to cut anyone else’s food), your kids will have a great time roasting marshmallows over a beach bonfire, scanning the sky for constellations, undergoing secret-agent training, participating in pirate parades, and even having pillow fights during a pajama party.
It’s a win-win situation for every member of the family: The kids are sure to have a blast, and you’ll get to relax, sink your toes into the sand, and unwind during the kind of vacation you’ve been dreaming about. Don’t forget to send us a postcard!
What You Need to Know
• Kids Krew and Kids Night Out cost is $50 for first child and $40 for each additional child.
• Kids Krew is offered from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. The cost includes lunch and a T-shirt. Children must be registered by 8:30 a.m. and cancellations must be made by 7:30 a.m. There is a $35 cancellation fee.
• Kids Night Out is offered from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday. The cost includes dinner and a T-shirt. Children must be registered by 5 p.m. and cancellations must be made by 4 p.m. There is a $35 cancellation fee.
• Both Kids Krew and Kids Night Out are offered spring break through Labor Day, as well as during select holidays. Kids’ Krew is also offered at other times during the year with a 10-child minimum. During either programs, activities may change due to weather, the interest of the children and the number of children (a minimum of three is required). You can register for both programs at the resort’s Activities Desk or call extension 3138. From outside the resort, call 800 – 559 -1805.
• For children younger than 5, or during hours not covered by kids’ programs, guests at Hilton Sandestin Beach can take advantage of babysitting offered by outside licensed and bonded child care agencies, with assistance in arranging through the resort.
Where to Shop
What’s a vacation without a little retail therapy? You’ll have plenty of options near the resort:
• Silver Sands Factory Store: the largest factory outlet in the nation, featuring more than 100 name-brand designers
• Village of Baytowne Wharf: more than 30 world-class shops and specialty boutiques
• Grand Boulevard: exclusive shops arranged in a charming Town Center atmosphere
Spa and Salon Services
The 14,000-square-foot spa offers an extensive menu of treatments, as well as men’s and women’s lounge areas with cascading whirlpools, sauna and steam rooms, private lockers, plush robes, an all-new 24-hour fitness center, zero gravity loungers, and separate relaxation areas for men and women. The resort also offers a wide range of hair, makeup, and nail services at the full-service salon.
Local Attractions for Families
Want to venture out for a day of excitement? Here’s where to go:
• Gulfarium: America’s second-oldest marine park, where dolphins delight crowds with hilarious
soccer games and amazing 18-foot leaps
• Big Kahuna’s Water & Adventure Park: an adventure park with more than 40 water attractions, three tropical mini golf courses, two go-kart tracks, and three high-thrill rides
• U.S. Air Force Armament Museum: the only U.S. museum dedicated to the display of Air Force armament and “protected” by 25 reconnaissance, fighter, and bomber planes
Beach Golf Resort & Spa
Toll free 800-559-1805 or 850-267-9500