When traveling with an infant strategic planning is key. You want to be able to have everything baby needs but also not have to haul 3 suitcases through the airport. Here are our picks on baby gear that will make travel with baby a little easier.
Baby B’Air Infant Travel Harness
Baby B’Air flight vest brings security, comfort, and peace of mind to parents flying with lap babies on airplanes.
• Secures your baby during unexpected turbulence
• Frees your hands during flight for feeding and changing
• Can be used by nursing mothers
• Keeps baby from getting off your lap.
The flight vest is a harness that features a loop on the back, your airplane seat belt passes through the loop to restrain your baby to your lap.
The infant size vest fits babies with a head circumference of 16 inches or less.
Most girls under 4 months should fit in an infant vest, but between 4 and 6 months parents should measure their baby’s head to make sure. It is possible for a baby girl 8 months old to fit in an infant, but she’d be small for her age.
Most boys will outgrow the infant vest at around 3 months. While it is possible a small baby boy who is almost 6 months old could fit in an infant size vest, parents should measure their boys between 3 and 6 months old.
Due to current FAA regulations, the Baby B’Air flight vest can only be used during the cruise portion of the flight. Please comply with flight crew instruction aboard the airplane. Please refer to this FAQ for more information.
• body: 100% cotton flannel
• straps: 100% nylon
• information labels: 100% polyester
• thread: 100% red nylon or 100% white cotton
Pip & Grow Smitten Sleep System
What it is: The next-generation infant bassinet box designed by one of the country’s leading safe-sleep experts. Inspired by the Finnish tradition that started in 1938. Where it’s made: Smitten in ethically made in the USA by manufacturers who treat their workers well.
The Smitten was developed by child safety experts and researchers at two leading Michigan universities to help reduce the risk of SIDS in newborns.
• Slanted sides encourage better airflow
• It carries a higher weight rating than any other bassinet box on the market
• No lid means no worries about a caregiver or older child placing the lid over a sleeping infant
• BPA-free handle inserts protect little fingers from sharp cardboard edges
Each Bassinet Includes:
• 1″ thick, custom-cut Certi-PUR foam mattress
• A BPA and phthalate-free waterproof cover
• A 100% cotton, fitted sheet, machine wash and dry
• For infants 0-6 months old
• Easily moves from place to place
• Designed by one of the country’s leading safe-sleep experts
• Slanted sides promote better airflow
• Made from breathable, eco-conscious, & non-toxic materials
• Safety tested by researchers at a leading Michigan University
• Prominent safety lUniversitysures all caregivers know how to keep baby safe
• 100% Made in the USA
• Ships flat & is easy to assemble
• Made from 30% post-consumer recycled corrugate
• Waterproof, soy-based, Certi-PUR certified mattress
• When assembled: Top: L31” x W19.5” x H11” – Bottom: L 27.5” x 16.75
Buy One – Give One
Keep your little one safe and help other families do the same. Choose “buy one, give one” in the Smitten Shop and we’ll send a Smitten to you and a family in need.
Woolino Sleeping Bag
Woolino Ultimate 4 Season Baby Sleep Bags are designed so that you need only one – regardless of the season, regardless of your baby’s age.
The merino wool is breathable, keeping your baby warm when it’s cold and cool when it’s hot. That temperature regulation means that your baby will sleep comfortably throughout the night, year-round – and that means a better night’s sleep for you too.
Our universal sizing means that it will fit a baby from 2 months to 2 years. This consistency in sleepwear will allow your baby to always associate the comfort of their sleep sack with a good night’s sleep.
So, instead of buying a different sleep sack for different seasons, as well as buying larger ones as they grow, you just need one Woolino sleep bag for your baby.
100% Natural Pure silky-soft hypoallergenic merino wool lining and the finest organic cotton outer.
4 Season use
Unlike most of the sleep sacks that come in either winter or summer weight/TOG rating, the Woolino 4 Season Sleep Bag can be used year-round. It’s suitable for any room temp. 63-77F (17-25C). Because of Merino’s unique ability to regulate body temperature, it keeps your baby warm when it’s cold and cool when it’s hot.
Grows with your baby
It has a universal size so it can be safely used for babies 2 months up to 2 years old. And for smaller babies, simply close the underarm snaps to adjust the fit.
With Woolino Ultimate 4 Season Sleep Bag, you don’t have to buy a different sleep sack every few months. It is the only baby sleep sack your baby will need, in winter or summer, until they turn two years old.
Designed to be practical
It features double shoulder snaps and a two-way side zipper, so it opens up completely flat for easy dressing without waking the baby! For easy nighttime diaper changes, you can open the bottom only. It also has zipper-pull guards to protect baby’s skin and to prevent them from chewing on the zipper pull.
A closable seat-belt opening allows for easy transfer between stroller, car seat and crib, so you can keep your baby’s sleep routine intact while on the go.
In addition to Merino being naturally anti-bacterial and odor repellent, Woolino sleeping bags are machine washable and can be tumble dried on low heat. See care instructions here.
Reduces the risks of SIDS
It is a healthy and safe alternative to blankets –helps your baby stay covered through the night and reduces the risk of suffocation, as fabric stays clear of their face. What’s more, the exceptionally breathable Merino wool regulates body temperature and so prevents overheating – a risk factor for SIDS. The sleep sack also promotes back sleeping.
Naturally fire resistant
Wool is naturally flame resistant and the safest fiber to have next to your baby’s body. Woolino sleep bags meet all US CPSC children safety requirements.
Baby change-n-go is a portable diaper changing station that hangs from public bathroom stall doors/walls and then folds up to fit in your diaper bag when not in use.
Covered Goods Nursing Cover
Covered Goods™ multi-use nursing covers give you all the benefits that the traditional covers do… and more!
• also functions as a car seat cover, scarf, and shopping cart cover
• provides true ALL OVER COVERAGE front and back
• made of comfortable, stretchy fabric
• takes seconds to put on and take off
• alleviates any worry that your baby will kick or pull your cover off
• features a flexible neck that can be worn down under one arm and also allows you to peek in to make sure your little one has latched properly
• can be folded very small and in any fashion for storage
• one size fits most
With Covered Goods™ you can truly nurse anytime, anywhere!
LILLEbaby COMPLETE Airflow Baby & Child Carrier
The LÍLLÉbaby COMPLETE baby carriers combine more carrying positions, lasts longer, and includes more features than any other baby carrier. The Original line features sturdy canvas cotton.
SIX ERGONOMIC CARRYING POSITIONS – Includes every carrying position without the need for an infant insert: Front-fetal, Front-infant, Front-outward, Front- toddler, Hip and Back carry. The COMPLETE grows with your child through all the baby wearing years, from 7 lbs to 45 lbs. The patented cupped seat adjusts to keep baby ergonomically seated in all six carry positions through every development stage.
LUMBAR SUPPORT – Increases comfort, maintains healthy posture and alignment and prevents lower back strain. Combined with an extra sturdy waist belt to maximize parent’s comfort.
TWO-WAY STRAP NEW! – Enable wearer to carry “backpack style” or with straps crossed in the back. Dual adjustment buckles simplify breastfeeding and adjusting straps on the go.
SLEEPING HOOD– Features dual adjustment points to provide tailored support for baby’s head while sleeping, sun protection while exploring, and privacy while nursing. Removable.
EXTRA TALL, EXTENDABLE TORSO – So comfortable your baby will fall asleep. Provides extra neck and back support and keeps taller babies secure in the carrier. The adjustable width gently cradles baby’s head. Elastic straps provide support while allowing for movement and easy adjustment.
POCKETS NEW! – Large zippered storage pocket, plus easy-reach pocket for storing hood and essentials.
WIDE, PADDED SHOULDER STRAPS & WAIST BELT – Evenly distribute baby’s weight for maximized comfort.